- Our Lady of Lourdes follows the NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA) approved curriculum for Kindergarten-Year 6
- Learning and teaching is founded on current educational research to ensure learning is personalised for the individual and diverse needs of our students.
- Our learning support team works closely with classroom teachers to enhance student’s learning, with a strong focus on literacy.
- Information Communication Technology is integrated across all learning areas and all students have access to the latest learning technology via mobile technology units and wireless internet access.
- Staff work to ensure the provision of an innovative, stimulating and purposeful learning environment, and open learning spaces provide flexibility to respond to the changing needs of students.
Whole School Approach
Our Lady of Lourdes has a whole school approach to learning to ensure that there are common practices and shared understandings that enhance student learning. Staff have the shared belief that:
- all members of our community are supported to achieve their personal best
- realistically high expectations are articulated by parents, staff and children in the spirit of honest dialogue
- early recognition, intervention and ongoing rigorous commitment to each child is maintained
- learning for each child is personalised by catering for individual differences.
- We are fortunate to have a large playground with a grassed area, basketball court and sandpit.
- Our outdoor area is ideal for sport and the development of physical skills. Outdoor learning is possible across all Key Learning Areas, as we have a vegetable garden, a dedicated early years playground area, and landscaped sensory and prayer gardens.
- As much as possible classrooms open to an outdoor learning area.
Come and see learning in action at Our Lady of Lourdes!
We’d love a chance to show you how learning works for young people in our school. Our dedicated teachers plan the learning in detail to help each child do his or her best.