At Our Lady of Lourdes Primary, we recognise the vital role parents and families play in the formal education of their children.
We deeply encourage and value parental involvement in the spiritual and academic life of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary.
This has been achieved by open invitation and involvement with:
- liturgy and prayer
- social justice initiatives
- assisting at sports carnivals
- having the opportunity to be active Parent Group members.
The Parent Group meets in the school library twice per term.
Initiatives for parent education have included:
- providing workshops on parenting skills
- information sessions on transitioning children into Primary School a
- running ‘Parents as Educators’ courses which enable parents to assist teachers in the classroom, as well as support their children’s learning at home.
Upon completion of this course, parents are encouraged and welcome to assist teachers in the classroom with reading, writing, Mathematics, computers and gross motor programs.
Please note: Child Protection legislation requires that all adults working or volunteering to help with children, or on school grounds, complete the Building Child Safe Communities Child Protection training and online session that are facilitated by the school. Parents attending excursions or helping at carnivals also need to have completed this training.